“YokoO aka Julien Beltzung is originally from Mulhouse in France and now resides in Sydney, Australia. A DJ and producer, YokoO has amassed an amazing discography over the years, and an equally impressive biography. Julien has worked with Kollektiv Turmstrasse’s imprint Musik Gewinnt Freunde and now more recently is a core artist on Matthey Dekay’s Für Die Liebe label. He has also worked with a wide variety of amazing labels over the years, such as Moodmusic & Plastic City.
In Sydney, YokoO has worked with Reckless Republic and The Spice Cellar in marketing and promotions, as well as DJ-ing regularly at the renowned Sydney club. Now, he spends most of his time focussing on his musical career, producing and touring the world sharing his versatile and unique house sound.” – via Soundcloud
Keep an eye (or 3!) on YokoO! Catch him soon at:
Denver Winter Showcase (DWS) 2015 | March 5-8 :: http://bit.ly/DWS15 or another event / All Day I Dream, if you have the opportunity!
Sydney based producer/DJ YokoO (Julien Beltzung) is the latest guest on AU Underground. Sticking to the AUU brief Julien has included some productions of his own especially for the podcast.
Visit YokoO’s website here: www.djyokoo.com
- Valentin Stip – **** (Francis Harris Remix) [Other People]
- Schaa – Reves Cires [Archipel Musique]
- Subjugator – 115-2 [Little Helpers]
- Christian Löffler – Eleven Feat. Mohna [Ki Records]
- Clark Davis – Somewhere (YokoO Remix) [Port One Records]
- Agoria – Under The River (YokoO’s Above The Clouds Live Edit) [Unreleased]
- YokoO & Matt Weir – Moonwalk [L’Enfant Terrible Records]
- YokoO – Amazonia [Musik Gewinnt Freunde]
- YokoO & Cur.l – Panorama Garden [Pins And Needles]
- Schaa – Pynophyta [Archipel Musique] 11. Raz Ohara – Beija Flor [Album Label]
01. Darius Bassiray & Paul Beynon | Lost In The Kube [Unreleased]
02. Skinnerbox | Xsilonome [Darkroom Dubs]
03. Lawrence | Lucifer [Dial Records]
04. He & She | Videt (Kollektiv Turmstrasse Remix) [Musik Gewinnt Freunde]
05. Martin Buttrich | Blackouts Non Stop [Desolat]
06. Clara Moto | Goodnight Twilight [Infiné] – YokoO Feat Kate Austin Reedit
07. Raz Ohara, The Odd Orchestra | Kisses (Sis Edit) [Get Physical Music]
08. Matt O’Brien | Serotone (Radio Slave’s Panorama Garage Remix) [Rekids]
09. Lawrence | Etoile Du Midi [Dial Records]
10. Westboy | SLIVA (Chaim Remix) [Inmotion Music]
11. Matthew Dekay & Lee Burridge | Los In A Moment [Innervisions]
12. Shcaa | Rêves Cirés [Archipel]
13. DJ Phono | Paper Aeroplane [Hafendisko]
“YokoO is no stranger to house music in all its deepest forms. A studio head in the true sense of the word, he spends much of his time pondering basslines and warm synth riffs that heat up dancefloors the world over. With releases on highly regarded labels such as Musik Gewinnt Freunde, Moodmusic, Plastic City and Kina Music, YokoO has marked out a spot for himself in the global house music scene with talent being sought after from every corner of the world.
His musical intuition drives his production and his full groove based approach to seductive house music turns heads of many a label boss from Kollektiv Turmstrasse, Matthew Dekay and Lee Burridge no less. As well racking up plays from industry reference artists, YokoO’s music has proven time and time again it can reach the record bags of the DJing elite in every continent.
As a DJ, YokoO embraces the dancefloor with a dynamic and honest approach sparking it up with forward thinking music every time. When you see him play, you can see a genuine love for what he is doing and that naturally feeds back to his audience, fuelling energy and the fever of the dancefloor. The warm melodies work with the heavy basslines to create a unique sound that is deep but still pumping enough to get a party started . . . and going way passed sunrise.
With a prolific and impressive discography, YokoO has made his mark on noteworthy labels to date with both original releases and a back catalogue of strong remixes. His latest batch of unreleased productions is an intense gathering of melodies, working with a defined sense of groove and depth designed for the dancefloor and beyond.”